Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mandy's 25th Birthday "Puppy" Party

I have had one birthday party after the next it seems like but I LOVE parties so I was totally up to this fun party for my daughter in law Mandy.  I saw this "puppy" theme party on a party blog so I decided to do my own version of the party.  I wanted to give a fun little treat bag that looked like dog food...oh yum, right?  I actually used Cocoa Puffs cereal and my creative friend Summer made the "Doggie Treat" bones for the bag closure, I put these on the dinner plates.


I really had fun setting the table.  My mom had this kraft color wrapping paper so I wrapped the table in that and taped it down.  I set the table with all my goodies and at the very end I stamped paw prints randomly on the table.  It was so much fun stamping and it added dimension to the table.  Skylar bought the flowers for his lovely wife and the table was PERFECT!  (Sugar Britches Company....Summer Crook.....made the place cards too)

Here I am.....very proud of Mandy's little goodie table.  I took small kraft color bags and I actually did paw print tags and tied them on with brown dog bone ribbon.  The bags were for filling with the candy and cookies on the table. 

The dog bowls were the reason for the pink and brown theme.  I found these darling bowls at Tuesday Morning and it took off from there.  I knew I was going to do the puppy theme so I had my eyes peeled for cute dog bowls.  I really like these and especially the colors.   I made sure I put some of Mandy's favorite candy in the bowls.  M&M's and Swedish Fish.....lucky for me those are some of my fave's too:)


This is the delicious doggie dessert table and Skylar helped decorate it with the balloons he bought for Mandy.

AND HERE SHE IS.....MANDY HENSON!  SUCH A BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER IN LAW!


Mandy and Skylar

ME, MANDY & GRAMMY (my mommy)

Larkin is all dressed up in her pink and brown dress wearing of course a Larkie Lu  rolled fabric flower band with hot pink puff 
Mandy had lots of gifts but I love this picture because she truly was THRILLED with the black sparklely TOMS that Sky had ordered for her.

Clayton and Tatum

Dinner.....the request was Greek Grilled Chicken Pitas so that's what I made.  Recipe follows.

GREEK GRILLED CHICKEN PITAS

5-6 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
8 pita breads, I buy the pocket ones that are already cut in half
1 lemon, zested and juiced
3 T red wine vinegar
1/2 c olive oil
2 T fresh chopped oregano
3 cloves garlic, chopped
romaine lettuce, chopped
1/2 c kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
8 oz crumbled feta cheese
2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
cucumber, seeded and chopped
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced and cute into bite sized pieces
              (I learned a new trick...soak the onion in ice cold water and they won't taste so strong...about 10 minuites)
1/2 c flat leaf parsley, chopped - optional ( I didn't use it the last time I made this)

Place chicken in shallow dish and season with salt and pepper.
Combine lemon zest, juice, vinegar in  a bowl and whisk in oil. Add oregano, garlic and whisk again to combine into a dressing.  (I actually at least double this if not triple the marinade) 
Pour 1/2 over the chicken and reserve the other half for the salad.
Turn the chicken to coat and let marinate for a couple of hours.  ( I use a huge ziploc freezer bag and marinate them that way)
Preheat oven to 275 degrees.  Wrap the pita in foil. Place in warm oven and heat until dinner is served.
Grill chicken until done.
Meanwhile, combine the remaining salad ingredients in a bowl. Pour remaining dressing over salad and toss well.  The salad should be very "lightly" dressed.  Season with salt and pepper.
Serve chicken in pita halves with salad and dill sauce (recipe follows)

DILL SAUCE

8 oz sour cream
1 t onion powder
1 t garlic powder
fresh dill to taste ( about 1/2 package)
1 t lemon juice
milk to desired consistency

I also buy hummus and Stacy's pita chips to complete the meal.
ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment