Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Peanut Blossom Cookies For My Hero!


Today was the last day of 5th grade for Colton! Woot woot! He was honored with a very special award called the "Hero Award" at his final assembly of the year.  This award is given to one child from each grade level selected by the teachers.  I am so proud of him for achieving this award because it's about the kind of person Colton is.  He was selected because he shows compassion for others, has a happy disposition ALL of the time, strives to do great at whatever he is doing and LOVES LIFE!  I can not tell you how many teachers have stopped me in the halls to tell me how wonderful Colton is.  He never frowns or has a bad day and he is like this not only at school but also at home.  I knew he was an amazing kiddo the moment he entered this world and I truly feel blessed and proud to be called his mommy!


After receiving his "HERO AWARD"!

So our tradition at our house on the last day of school is for me to have homemade cookies ready and waiting when the kids get off the bus.  Tatum didn't remember that I did this probably because it's been awhile since she was in school but Colton sure remembered and reminded me that the cookies he was wanting were Peanut Blossom Cookies.  These really are the ones I make every year on the last day of school.  I thought I'd share the recipe and a beautiful, yummy and mouth watering picture of one of the cookies that I made today.



Peanut Blossom Cookies



Sift together:
1  3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Cream together:
1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter

Gradually add:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar

Add:
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

Beat well and blend in dry ingredients until completely combined.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Shape dough into teaspoon size balls ( or slightly bigger), roll in sugar and place on a cookie sheet or in mini muffin pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.

Bake cookies for approximately 8 minutes then take out of the oven and press one Hershey's Kiss into the middle of each cookie.  Place back into the oven and bake an additional 2-5 minutes.  ( I found that 2- 2 1/2 minutes was perfect)  Let cool a few minutes on cookie sheet or muffin tin then remove to wire rack.

I like to eat while still warm with a BIG glass of cold milk!  Enjoy!!

5 comments:

  1. I love this!! Hooray for Colt!! We r so proud!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! What's the soda? Baking soda, or drinking soda lol?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh shoot! It's baking soda:) sorry...I'll edit the recipe. These are so good!

      Delete
  3. I don't cook stuff like this from scratch often so I wanted to make sure I use the right soda lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well these are super easy and you will love them:) I fixed the recipe above so it now says "baking" soda.

      Delete