Sunday, February 3, 2013

Seven is a LUCKY number!!

Seven is a LUCKY number!!!
A look at Larkin's 7th Birthday!

Newborn Larkin....love!
Jan 11th.....Mommy, Larkin and Tatum
Every year January 11th comes around we feel more than blessed knowing that our little sweet pea has turned another year older.  Larkin is 7!!!  I can not tell you how amazing this is considering we didn't think she would see 2 let alone 7 years old!  Again I couldn't throw just any party for Larkin...I actually started planning the party theme last January right after her "Sunshine" party.   I decided birds would be fun and birds remind me of her so it was a perfect theme.
Daddy, Lark and Mommy



I really didn't even spend much money this year which is even better. I found the birdhouses for a dollar a piece at the fabric store and painted them myself with twenty nine cent paint!  I did add a coat of Mod Podge Sparkle on top of the paint for a fun look.  I also had tons of felt so I  made all the little birdies that I glued onto the birdhouses and the birdie banner.


I have to tell you that I was freaking out a little about what kind of cake I was going to get for her. I had resigned myself to the fact that this year I couldn't afford to get her the cake that I had really wanted for her so I was going to try and bake and decorate it myself.  I was throwing around ideas and then out of the blue I was contacted by the sweet lady that made her Icing Smiles cake for her 5th birthday party.  (Rebecca Sutterby from Sugar Creations)  She said that she was doing laundry one day and had this feeling come over her that she needed to do another cake for Larkin's birthday.  Keep in mind that she donated one of her wonderful cakes for Larkin's 5th birthay through an organization called Icing Smiles. They make sure kiddo's with medical needs get a cake for their birthday.  This is a one time deal and it is so very wonderful.  Rebecca took this one step further and wanted to do yet another cake for Lark.  She asked me what my theme was for this year and after I told her she said she'd get me a sketch and it was a done deal.  I LOVE this lady so much....what a kind heart to offer her incredible cakes again to our family.  She totally rocked the bird theme and made a gorgeous cake....almost 3 feet of cake to be exact and it weighed a ton!  I'm so thankful for Rebecca and I can't thank her enough for making this another beautiful birthday.

this is the sketch Rebecca sent me and here is the cake!

It was a perfect day to celebrate......here are the many pictures from her party and a few pictures of her on her actual birthday.... enjoy.
 my pretty bow my mommy made me
opening my presents
sister in law Mandy and my brother Skylar
my brothers Stratton and Colton
my Buddy (grandpa) We share a birthday!!! yea!
Buddy and Grammy
Grandpa and Grandma Bish
my friend Summer and my Mommy
my friend Lisa
my nurse Leanne and her new baby Kenzley

my mommy lets me taste (lick) my cake every year
my sissy Tatum!
cake table...Koozies for the lemonade
my cute leggings
 Early bird gets the worm...party favors...
 mommy made my bird banner


No comments:

Post a Comment